Jun 24, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Going out drinking sounds like a perfectly reasonable plan after making a very questionable decision to quit an extremely prestigious, highly paid job and Jim Riggleman did just that last night after shockingly resigning as the Nationals’ manager yesterday over a contract dispute.
Riggleman went to a local establishment called Caddies on Cordell and knocked back some drinks, but not enough to keep him from waking up early for a radio interview this morning during which the 58-year-old former manager said he was “solving the world’s problems” and “there are some beautiful young ladies in that place.”
John Kiernan was also there and tweeted that Riggleman was “bashing” general manager Mike Rizzo, although that doesn’t appear to have been his primary activity. Kiernan snapped a couple pictures as evidence of both Riggleman’s problem-solving and the aforementioned young ladies:
Seems like a fitting end to a crazy day for Riggleman. Or as he put it during the radio interview: “I had to let those ladies get a look at me.”
UPDATE: Any guesses on what Riggleman was drinking?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)