Jun 24, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Going out drinking sounds like a perfectly reasonable plan after making a very questionable decision to quit an extremely prestigious, highly paid job and Jim Riggleman did just that last night after shockingly resigning as the Nationals’ manager yesterday over a contract dispute.
Riggleman went to a local establishment called Caddies on Cordell and knocked back some drinks, but not enough to keep him from waking up early for a radio interview this morning during which the 58-year-old former manager said he was “solving the world’s problems” and “there are some beautiful young ladies in that place.”
John Kiernan was also there and tweeted that Riggleman was “bashing” general manager Mike Rizzo, although that doesn’t appear to have been his primary activity. Kiernan snapped a couple pictures as evidence of both Riggleman’s problem-solving and the aforementioned young ladies:
Seems like a fitting end to a crazy day for Riggleman. Or as he put it during the radio interview: “I had to let those ladies get a look at me.”
UPDATE: Any guesses on what Riggleman was drinking?
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)