Jun 24, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Going out drinking sounds like a perfectly reasonable plan after making a very questionable decision to quit an extremely prestigious, highly paid job and Jim Riggleman did just that last night after shockingly resigning as the Nationals’ manager yesterday over a contract dispute.
Riggleman went to a local establishment called Caddies on Cordell and knocked back some drinks, but not enough to keep him from waking up early for a radio interview this morning during which the 58-year-old former manager said he was “solving the world’s problems” and “there are some beautiful young ladies in that place.”
John Kiernan was also there and tweeted that Riggleman was “bashing” general manager Mike Rizzo, although that doesn’t appear to have been his primary activity. Kiernan snapped a couple pictures as evidence of both Riggleman’s problem-solving and the aforementioned young ladies:
Seems like a fitting end to a crazy day for Riggleman. Or as he put it during the radio interview: “I had to let those ladies get a look at me.”
UPDATE: Any guesses on what Riggleman was drinking?
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)