Jun 24, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
Jim Thome was scheduled to come off the disabled list today, but instead the 40-year-old designated hitter will likely remain on the sidelines through at least the weekend with his back and quadriceps injuries.
Ron Gardenhire told 1500-ESPN that Thome “is still having some issues” while rehabbing at extended spring training in Florida.
He’s been out since June 1 and received a cortisone injection for his back on June 10. With the Twins playing in Milwaukee this weekend there’s no rush to bring Thome back as a pinch-hitter, but they start a nine-game homestand Monday.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)