Jun 24, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
“You know a frog goes down, because he wants to go forward more? I try to think like that.”
Truth, brother. Truth. I guess.
OK, no fair picking on Choo for offering a confusing metaphor. Few people whose native tongue is English can whip out a decent metaphor, so Choo gets extra points for simply trying. And besides, it’s merely the introduction to a good column about Choo and his struggles by Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com.
So I guess what I’m saying is, come for the frog metaphor, stay for the insight.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 0
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 75
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 118
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 21
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (119)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)