Jun 24, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
“You know a frog goes down, because he wants to go forward more? I try to think like that.”
Truth, brother. Truth. I guess.
OK, no fair picking on Choo for offering a confusing metaphor. Few people whose native tongue is English can whip out a decent metaphor, so Choo gets extra points for simply trying. And besides, it’s merely the introduction to a good column about Choo and his struggles by Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com.
So I guess what I’m saying is, come for the frog metaphor, stay for the insight.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)