Jun 24, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
“You know a frog goes down, because he wants to go forward more? I try to think like that.”
Truth, brother. Truth. I guess.
OK, no fair picking on Choo for offering a confusing metaphor. Few people whose native tongue is English can whip out a decent metaphor, so Choo gets extra points for simply trying. And besides, it’s merely the introduction to a good column about Choo and his struggles by Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com.
So I guess what I’m saying is, come for the frog metaphor, stay for the insight.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 115
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (117)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)