Jun 24, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
“You know a frog goes down, because he wants to go forward more? I try to think like that.”
Truth, brother. Truth. I guess.
OK, no fair picking on Choo for offering a confusing metaphor. Few people whose native tongue is English can whip out a decent metaphor, so Choo gets extra points for simply trying. And besides, it’s merely the introduction to a good column about Choo and his struggles by Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com.
So I guess what I’m saying is, come for the frog metaphor, stay for the insight.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 0
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 7
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 31
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)