Jun 24, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
“You know a frog goes down, because he wants to go forward more? I try to think like that.”
Truth, brother. Truth. I guess.
OK, no fair picking on Choo for offering a confusing metaphor. Few people whose native tongue is English can whip out a decent metaphor, so Choo gets extra points for simply trying. And besides, it’s merely the introduction to a good column about Choo and his struggles by Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com.
So I guess what I’m saying is, come for the frog metaphor, stay for the insight.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 32
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 9
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)