Jun 24, 2011, 6:52 PM EDT
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels isn’t present for this weekend’s interleague series against the Mets. But for good reason.
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, Daniels was busy scouting right-hander Yu Darvish in Japan.
In fact, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com has the photo evidence of Daniels in attendance for his Friday start with the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters. The 24-year-old right-hander allowed one run over eight innings while striking out 13 and walking just one. He’s now 9-2 with a 1.37 ERA over 11 starts to go along with a fantastic 106/10 K/BB ratio over 92 innings.
There have been some reports that Darvish intends to come over to the United Status via the posting system following the 2011 season. Looks like we can expect the Rangers to be in the mix.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)