Jun 24, 2011, 6:52 PM EDT
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels isn’t present for this weekend’s interleague series against the Mets. But for good reason.
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, Daniels was busy scouting right-hander Yu Darvish in Japan.
In fact, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com has the photo evidence of Daniels in attendance for his Friday start with the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters. The 24-year-old right-hander allowed one run over eight innings while striking out 13 and walking just one. He’s now 9-2 with a 1.37 ERA over 11 starts to go along with a fantastic 106/10 K/BB ratio over 92 innings.
There have been some reports that Darvish intends to come over to the United Status via the posting system following the 2011 season. Looks like we can expect the Rangers to be in the mix.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)