Jun 24, 2011, 6:52 PM EDT
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels isn’t present for this weekend’s interleague series against the Mets. But for good reason.
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, Daniels was busy scouting right-hander Yu Darvish in Japan.
In fact, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com has the photo evidence of Daniels in attendance for his Friday start with the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters. The 24-year-old right-hander allowed one run over eight innings while striking out 13 and walking just one. He’s now 9-2 with a 1.37 ERA over 11 starts to go along with a fantastic 106/10 K/BB ratio over 92 innings.
There have been some reports that Darvish intends to come over to the United Status via the posting system following the 2011 season. Looks like we can expect the Rangers to be in the mix.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29