Jun 24, 2011, 9:18 AM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has a great step-by-step primer of where Frank McCourt and the Dodgers — who are six days away from failing to meet payroll — go from here. Short version: don’t plan on the Dodgers being players for Albert Pujols this winter.
For Dodgers fans, you can break it down roughly as 1. shock; 2. denial; 3. anger; 4. bargaining; 5. depression; 6. acceptance.
Seriously, though, a good rundown of the road ahead for the Dodgers. Check it out.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)