Jun 24, 2011, 9:18 AM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has a great step-by-step primer of where Frank McCourt and the Dodgers — who are six days away from failing to meet payroll — go from here. Short version: don’t plan on the Dodgers being players for Albert Pujols this winter.
For Dodgers fans, you can break it down roughly as 1. shock; 2. denial; 3. anger; 4. bargaining; 5. depression; 6. acceptance.
Seriously, though, a good rundown of the road ahead for the Dodgers. Check it out.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 3
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 26
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 70
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (172)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)