Jun 24, 2011, 9:18 AM EST
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has a great step-by-step primer of where Frank McCourt and the Dodgers — who are six days away from failing to meet payroll — go from here. Short version: don’t plan on the Dodgers being players for Albert Pujols this winter.
For Dodgers fans, you can break it down roughly as 1. shock; 2. denial; 3. anger; 4. bargaining; 5. depression; 6. acceptance.
Seriously, though, a good rundown of the road ahead for the Dodgers. Check it out.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)