Jun 24, 2011, 9:18 AM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has a great step-by-step primer of where Frank McCourt and the Dodgers — who are six days away from failing to meet payroll — go from here. Short version: don’t plan on the Dodgers being players for Albert Pujols this winter.
For Dodgers fans, you can break it down roughly as 1. shock; 2. denial; 3. anger; 4. bargaining; 5. depression; 6. acceptance.
Seriously, though, a good rundown of the road ahead for the Dodgers. Check it out.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)