Jun 24, 2011, 9:18 AM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has a great step-by-step primer of where Frank McCourt and the Dodgers — who are six days away from failing to meet payroll — go from here. Short version: don’t plan on the Dodgers being players for Albert Pujols this winter.
For Dodgers fans, you can break it down roughly as 1. shock; 2. denial; 3. anger; 4. bargaining; 5. depression; 6. acceptance.
Seriously, though, a good rundown of the road ahead for the Dodgers. Check it out.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 9
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 103
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris