Jun 25, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Presented with the chance to get some extra rest, Rodriguez was removed from today’s game after seven innings with the Yankees up 6-0.
“I think there are some injuries that you can play through and some you can’t,” Rodriguez said. “This is one I feel I can play through. I met with my doctors and they pretty much assured me that it’s something you’re not going to reaggravate. It’s getting better each day.”
It’s also not hurting A-Rod at the plate at all. He drove in three runs with two hits today, and he’s 7-for-14 with seven RBI in the four games since getting hurt. In his last six games, he’s 12-for-22, raising his average from .278 to .300.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)