Alex Rodriguez fighting sore right knee

Jun 25, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT

Alex Rodriguez Getty Images

Alex Rodriguez revealed after Saturday’s win over the Rockies that he’s been playing on a sore right knee he injured last Sunday night against the Cubs.

Presented with the chance to get some extra rest, Rodriguez was removed from today’s game after seven innings with the Yankees up 6-0.

“I think there are some injuries that you can play through and some you can’t,” Rodriguez said. “This is one I feel I can play through. I met with my doctors and they pretty much assured me that it’s something you’re not going to reaggravate. It’s getting better each day.”

It’s also not hurting A-Rod at the plate at all.  He drove in three runs with two hits today, and he’s 7-for-14 with seven RBI in the four games since getting hurt.  In his last six games, he’s 12-for-22, raising his average from .278 to .300.

1. itsacurse - Jun 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM

35 YEAR OLD PHYSICAL LABORER DEALING WITH MINOR ACHES AND PAINS. What a scoop!

• itsacurse - Jun 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM

This, of course, is a shot at the NY media and not Matt and HBT. You keep doin’ what you’re doin’,

• yankeesgameday - Jun 26, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Try not to use the comments on the yahoo message board as your template around here.

2. proudlycanadian - Jun 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM

He is also supposed to have a bad shoulder. He should probably not play in the All Star game.

• mrfloydpink - Jun 26, 2011 at 3:28 AM

He definitely should not play in the All Star game, but that has nothing to do with injuries.

• yankeesfanlen - Jun 26, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Leave ARod Alone!

3. dirtyharry1971 - Jun 26, 2011 at 2:03 PM

who cares about the all star game? If i was in charge of a team none of my players would play in a game that counts for squat

4. purnellmeagrejr - Jun 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I’ve heard about this stuff you can inject that not only makes you heal faster – it promotes srtength,endurance and muscles growth. Maybe Alex should look into it.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2952)