Jun 25, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Young took a bad route on Betancourt’s deep fly ball and looked to suffer a serious injury when his leg met the out-of-town scoreboard along the left field wall. He was replaced in the Minnesota lineup by Luke Hughes, who took over at first base with Michael Cuddyer shifting to the outfield.
Young, 25, was 0-for-2 in the game before exiting. He’s batting just .256/.281/.324 with two home runs and 20 RBI in 217 plate appearances this season. The Twins should provide an update shortly.
UPDATE, 9:31 PM: According to Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Young has been diagnosed only with a right ankle sprain. Initial X-rays did not show any type of fracture.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11