Jun 25, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Young took a bad route on Betancourt’s deep fly ball and looked to suffer a serious injury when his leg met the out-of-town scoreboard along the left field wall. He was replaced in the Minnesota lineup by Luke Hughes, who took over at first base with Michael Cuddyer shifting to the outfield.
Young, 25, was 0-for-2 in the game before exiting. He’s batting just .256/.281/.324 with two home runs and 20 RBI in 217 plate appearances this season. The Twins should provide an update shortly.
UPDATE, 9:31 PM: According to Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Young has been diagnosed only with a right ankle sprain. Initial X-rays did not show any type of fracture.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)