Jun 26, 2011, 8:39 AM EDT
It is June 26, 2011. On this date in baseball history, the Cleveland Indians became the first major league club to wear numbered uniforms (1916), the Yankees played the first night game in franchise history (1939), Mel Ott retired (1946), and Edwin Jackson no-hit the Rays on 149 pitches (2010).
Your Saturday box scores:
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)