Jun 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
I missed this yesterday, but reader The Dangerous Mabry gave me the heads up. ESPN New York reports that Jeff Wilpon scolded Mets players for not retaliating at Athletics’ players after Justin Turner was hit by a pitch on Thursday.
The pitch that hit him — in the leg — was probably itself thrown at him for not getting out of the way of the pitch that grazed his jersey in the 13th inning of Wednesday’s game, which ended up being a walkoff HBP. According to Adam Rubin, most Mets players didn’t consider it a big deal, probably because of where it’s thrown. I’d wager that, given that the first one was a game-winner, and given that the Mets took both games from Oakland, no one really cared. But Wilpon did. Which is kind of sad.
Hey Jeff: why don’t you stick to the job you do, and let the Mets players stick to theirs? Especially considering that they do theirs better than you do yours.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)