Jun 27, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
Frank McCourt just released a lengthy statement with respect to the Dodgers’ bankruptcy filing. Here’s my favorite part. It comes right after McCourt says that he tried to do the Fox deal but that Bud Selig got in his way:
I simply cannot allow the Commissioner to knowingly and intentionally be in a position to expose the Dodgers to financial risk any longer.
This from the guy whose financial irresponsibility is the sole reason why the Dodgers were in a position where he had no choice but to take a pennies on the dollar deal from Fox for TV rights lest the team go belly-up financially. A guy who bought multiple million dollar homes, paid thousands upon thousands of dollars a year for haircuts, gave his kids do-nothing jobs at six figures each and paid a psychic/energy-channeler/faith healer/swami/fraud in an effort to fix Jayson Werth‘s bum wrist and send good vibes across the country to Los Angeles.
In light of this, if that’s not the least self-aware quote in the history of quotes, I don’t know what is.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)