Jun 27, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
Frank McCourt just released a lengthy statement with respect to the Dodgers’ bankruptcy filing. Here’s my favorite part. It comes right after McCourt says that he tried to do the Fox deal but that Bud Selig got in his way:
I simply cannot allow the Commissioner to knowingly and intentionally be in a position to expose the Dodgers to financial risk any longer.
This from the guy whose financial irresponsibility is the sole reason why the Dodgers were in a position where he had no choice but to take a pennies on the dollar deal from Fox for TV rights lest the team go belly-up financially. A guy who bought multiple million dollar homes, paid thousands upon thousands of dollars a year for haircuts, gave his kids do-nothing jobs at six figures each and paid a psychic/energy-channeler/faith healer/swami/fraud in an effort to fix Jayson Werth‘s bum wrist and send good vibes across the country to Los Angeles.
In light of this, if that’s not the least self-aware quote in the history of quotes, I don’t know what is.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)