Jun 27, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
I used to have a subscription to The New Yorker, but then the same thing that happens to everyone else who gets a subscription to the New Yorker happened to me: when I got it I leafed through to read the cartoons, made a mental note of the articles I really wanted to read later, ignored the magazine for two weeks while I derped around on the Internet and watched TV, and then was racked with guilt when the next issue of the New Yorker showed up.
Oh, really? Fine, then I guess you’re better than me, Your Majesty.
Someone who does have a subscription and can read the online version, tell me if what I suspect is true is really true: The New Yorker greenlighted this thing back in April when it looked like Fuld was going to have a whale of a year and now, when he’s back around his historic norms (i.e. fourth outfielder territory) it seems a bit weird that a big fancy magazine is doing a feature story on him.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)