Jun 27, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Good news for the Nats, as their ace of the future’s rehab from Tommy John surgery continues apace.
Stephen Strasburg threw fastballs at full speed for the first time since he went down last year — 20 in all — and told the assembled sporting press than he felt great afterward. Of course it’s touch and command — not so much arm strength — that takes the longest in a TJ rehab.
Either way, Strasburg should be ready to go full speed next spring. For Davey Johnson or whoever is calling the shots in the Nats’ dugout.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)