Jun 27, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Good news for the Nats, as their ace of the future’s rehab from Tommy John surgery continues apace.
Stephen Strasburg threw fastballs at full speed for the first time since he went down last year — 20 in all — and told the assembled sporting press than he felt great afterward. Of course it’s touch and command — not so much arm strength — that takes the longest in a TJ rehab.
Either way, Strasburg should be ready to go full speed next spring. For Davey Johnson or whoever is calling the shots in the Nats’ dugout.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 51
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)