Jun 27, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
Good news for the Nats, as their ace of the future’s rehab from Tommy John surgery continues apace.
Stephen Strasburg threw fastballs at full speed for the first time since he went down last year — 20 in all — and told the assembled sporting press than he felt great afterward. Of course it’s touch and command — not so much arm strength — that takes the longest in a TJ rehab.
Either way, Strasburg should be ready to go full speed next spring. For Davey Johnson or whoever is calling the shots in the Nats’ dugout.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)