Jun 27, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
Good news for the Nats, as their ace of the future’s rehab from Tommy John surgery continues apace.
Stephen Strasburg threw fastballs at full speed for the first time since he went down last year — 20 in all — and told the assembled sporting press than he felt great afterward. Of course it’s touch and command — not so much arm strength — that takes the longest in a TJ rehab.
Either way, Strasburg should be ready to go full speed next spring. For Davey Johnson or whoever is calling the shots in the Nats’ dugout.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)