Jun 27, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Good news for the Nats, as their ace of the future’s rehab from Tommy John surgery continues apace.
Stephen Strasburg threw fastballs at full speed for the first time since he went down last year — 20 in all — and told the assembled sporting press than he felt great afterward. Of course it’s touch and command — not so much arm strength — that takes the longest in a TJ rehab.
Either way, Strasburg should be ready to go full speed next spring. For Davey Johnson or whoever is calling the shots in the Nats’ dugout.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)