Jun 27, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
It’s only about a month or so until the trade deadline — at least the one that doesn’t require waivers — so I suppose we should crank up the Rumor-a-tron 3000. Here’s Heyman:
rangers interested in beltran as well as k-rod … Could be big trade partner for mets
I have this feeling a big bidding war is going to erupt for Beltran. So many teams are having trouble scoring runs. So few teams are shopping useful bats. The Mets could clean up here — compared to other deadline deals for big money bats who are poised to hit free agency anyway — if they play their cards right.
As for Francisco Rodriguez: I suppose he’d be certain not to reach his games finished incentive if he goes to the Rangers, what with Neftali Feliz closing, so crazier things have happened. Still, he’s expensive for a setup man, so I’d be more surprised to see him moved, at least absent the Mets kicking in serious dough.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 20
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 70
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)