Jun 27, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Well, only if you consider the role of “dimwitted sheriff’s deputy” as a star turn:
Wade Boggs was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2005 for racking up 3,010 hits over 18 seasons, primarily as a third baseman on the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
But Boggs’ legendary on-field performance pales in comparison to the acting chops he displays in “Swamp Shark,” the latest outlandish Syfy original movie arriving Saturday at 9 p.m. ET. As dimwitted lawman Deputy Stanley, he helps an evil sheriff (played by Robert Davi) cover up the accidental unleashing of a gigantic man-eating shark into the Louisiana bayou.
Alas that was last Saturday, the 25th. Here’s hoping we get a rerun.
And yes, before you ask what you’re going to ask: it is a slow news day. At least the non-Dodgers stuff.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)