Jun 27, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Well, only if you consider the role of “dimwitted sheriff’s deputy” as a star turn:
Wade Boggs was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2005 for racking up 3,010 hits over 18 seasons, primarily as a third baseman on the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
But Boggs’ legendary on-field performance pales in comparison to the acting chops he displays in “Swamp Shark,” the latest outlandish Syfy original movie arriving Saturday at 9 p.m. ET. As dimwitted lawman Deputy Stanley, he helps an evil sheriff (played by Robert Davi) cover up the accidental unleashing of a gigantic man-eating shark into the Louisiana bayou.
Alas that was last Saturday, the 25th. Here’s hoping we get a rerun.
And yes, before you ask what you’re going to ask: it is a slow news day. At least the non-Dodgers stuff.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 63
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 63
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)