Jun 27, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Well, only if you consider the role of “dimwitted sheriff’s deputy” as a star turn:
Wade Boggs was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2005 for racking up 3,010 hits over 18 seasons, primarily as a third baseman on the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
But Boggs’ legendary on-field performance pales in comparison to the acting chops he displays in “Swamp Shark,” the latest outlandish Syfy original movie arriving Saturday at 9 p.m. ET. As dimwitted lawman Deputy Stanley, he helps an evil sheriff (played by Robert Davi) cover up the accidental unleashing of a gigantic man-eating shark into the Louisiana bayou.
Alas that was last Saturday, the 25th. Here’s hoping we get a rerun.
And yes, before you ask what you’re going to ask: it is a slow news day. At least the non-Dodgers stuff.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 21
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 28
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)