Jun 28, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers aren’t the first sports team to go bankrupt, and won’t be the last. But do the others who came before provide us with any insight into what’s gonna happen with Big Blue?
To answer that question, Maury Brown has a nice overview of some various sports bankruptcies in recent years, including the Rangers, the Cubs and the Phoenix Coyotes, all of which have some similarities to the Dodgers, thing, all of which have some differences.
Good background for those of us who are going to follow this thing obsessively.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)