Jun 28, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers aren’t the first sports team to go bankrupt, and won’t be the last. But do the others who came before provide us with any insight into what’s gonna happen with Big Blue?
To answer that question, Maury Brown has a nice overview of some various sports bankruptcies in recent years, including the Rangers, the Cubs and the Phoenix Coyotes, all of which have some similarities to the Dodgers, thing, all of which have some differences.
Good background for those of us who are going to follow this thing obsessively.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)