Jun 28, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers aren’t the first sports team to go bankrupt, and won’t be the last. But do the others who came before provide us with any insight into what’s gonna happen with Big Blue?
To answer that question, Maury Brown has a nice overview of some various sports bankruptcies in recent years, including the Rangers, the Cubs and the Phoenix Coyotes, all of which have some similarities to the Dodgers, thing, all of which have some differences.
Good background for those of us who are going to follow this thing obsessively.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8