Jun 28, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers aren’t the first sports team to go bankrupt, and won’t be the last. But do the others who came before provide us with any insight into what’s gonna happen with Big Blue?
To answer that question, Maury Brown has a nice overview of some various sports bankruptcies in recent years, including the Rangers, the Cubs and the Phoenix Coyotes, all of which have some similarities to the Dodgers, thing, all of which have some differences.
Good background for those of us who are going to follow this thing obsessively.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)