Jun 28, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers aren’t the first sports team to go bankrupt, and won’t be the last. But do the others who came before provide us with any insight into what’s gonna happen with Big Blue?
To answer that question, Maury Brown has a nice overview of some various sports bankruptcies in recent years, including the Rangers, the Cubs and the Phoenix Coyotes, all of which have some similarities to the Dodgers, thing, all of which have some differences.
Good background for those of us who are going to follow this thing obsessively.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)