Jun 28, 2011, 2:15 PM EST
Prior to resigning as Nationals manager last week Jim Riggleman was named to the All-Star coaching staff by National League (and Giants) manager Bruce Bochy, but now that he’s a television analyst for our CSN colleagues Riggleman has been replaced by Cubs manager Mike Quade.
Quade doesn’t exactly have the greatest job security either with the Cubs holding the NL’s second-worst record at 32-46 and general manager Jim Hendry giving him votes of confidence, but presumably he’ll be able to keep the gig long enough to coach the All-Stars in a couple weeks.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)