Jun 28, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Prior to resigning as Nationals manager last week Jim Riggleman was named to the All-Star coaching staff by National League (and Giants) manager Bruce Bochy, but now that he’s a television analyst for our CSN colleagues Riggleman has been replaced by Cubs manager Mike Quade.
Quade doesn’t exactly have the greatest job security either with the Cubs holding the NL’s second-worst record at 32-46 and general manager Jim Hendry giving him votes of confidence, but presumably he’ll be able to keep the gig long enough to coach the All-Stars in a couple weeks.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)