Jun 28, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Prior to resigning as Nationals manager last week Jim Riggleman was named to the All-Star coaching staff by National League (and Giants) manager Bruce Bochy, but now that he’s a television analyst for our CSN colleagues Riggleman has been replaced by Cubs manager Mike Quade.
Quade doesn’t exactly have the greatest job security either with the Cubs holding the NL’s second-worst record at 32-46 and general manager Jim Hendry giving him votes of confidence, but presumably he’ll be able to keep the gig long enough to coach the All-Stars in a couple weeks.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 70
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)