Jun 28, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just announced that Donavan Tate, who was the third overall pick in the 2009 amateur draft, has been suspended for a drug of abuse (meaning not traditional PEDs). To get a 50-game suspension as Tate just received, you had to have tested positive twice. Tate has already sat out for 25 games, however, while going through a drug treatment program, and the 50 game suspension will be retroactive to that.
On the year the 20-year-old outfielder is hitting .294/.368/.471 for low-A Eugene and high-A Ft. Wayne.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 13
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 37
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)