Jun 28, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just announced that Donavan Tate, who was the third overall pick in the 2009 amateur draft, has been suspended for a drug of abuse (meaning not traditional PEDs). To get a 50-game suspension as Tate just received, you had to have tested positive twice. Tate has already sat out for 25 games, however, while going through a drug treatment program, and the 50 game suspension will be retroactive to that.
On the year the 20-year-old outfielder is hitting .294/.368/.471 for low-A Eugene and high-A Ft. Wayne.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 23
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 40
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)