Jun 28, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Rangers setup man Darren O’Day is on the verge of coming off the disabled list two months after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip.
O’Day isn’t exactly a household name, but his returning healthy would be a huge boost to the Rangers’ bullpen. In parts of three seasons in Texas the side-arming right-hander has a 2.02 ERA and 104/33 K/BB ratio in 125 innings.
He’s scheduled to pitch tonight at Triple-A in what could be his final minor-league rehab appearance before coming off the DL.
Texas ranked second in bullpen ERA last season at 3.38, but Rangers relievers have combined for a 4.53 ERA this season that ranks second-worst in the league ahead of only the Twins.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (159)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)