Jun 28, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Rangers setup man Darren O’Day is on the verge of coming off the disabled list two months after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip.
O’Day isn’t exactly a household name, but his returning healthy would be a huge boost to the Rangers’ bullpen. In parts of three seasons in Texas the side-arming right-hander has a 2.02 ERA and 104/33 K/BB ratio in 125 innings.
He’s scheduled to pitch tonight at Triple-A in what could be his final minor-league rehab appearance before coming off the DL.
Texas ranked second in bullpen ERA last season at 3.38, but Rangers relievers have combined for a 4.53 ERA this season that ranks second-worst in the league ahead of only the Twins.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)