Jun 28, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
How often do you see some celebrity or politician throw out the first pitch at a ballgame, only to have the thing loop in there weakly or, as is often the case, not even make it to home plate? And that’s when all they’re doing is trying to throw the ball?
We boo them, of course. And after seeing the first pitch from the Padres-Royals game last night, they should be booed more loudly.
I mean really, there are pitchers in baseball who can’t hit the zone like that, and they’re not even doing crazy back flips.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27