Jun 28, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
How often do you see some celebrity or politician throw out the first pitch at a ballgame, only to have the thing loop in there weakly or, as is often the case, not even make it to home plate? And that’s when all they’re doing is trying to throw the ball?
We boo them, of course. And after seeing the first pitch from the Padres-Royals game last night, they should be booed more loudly.
I mean really, there are pitchers in baseball who can’t hit the zone like that, and they’re not even doing crazy back flips.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 14
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 18
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)