Jun 28, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
How often do you see some celebrity or politician throw out the first pitch at a ballgame, only to have the thing loop in there weakly or, as is often the case, not even make it to home plate? And that’s when all they’re doing is trying to throw the ball?
We boo them, of course. And after seeing the first pitch from the Padres-Royals game last night, they should be booed more loudly.
I mean really, there are pitchers in baseball who can’t hit the zone like that, and they’re not even doing crazy back flips.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)