Jun 29, 2011, 11:08 PM EDT
According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, Yankees GM Brian Cashman revealed Wednesday that there’s a “good likelihood” right-hander Bartolo Colon will be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday to start against the crosstown Mets.
Colon threw 60 pitches Tuesday in a simulated game and reported no abnormal pain or discomfort in his once-strained left hamstring. He was also spotted practicing his bunting in Tampa on Monday, an indication that he is preparing for a start in a National League park (like the Mets’ Citi Field).
Colon has posted a remarkable 3.10 ERA and 1.07 WHIP through 78 1/3 innings this year after sitting out all of 2010 and making just 19 starts combined in ’08 and ’09. He has fanned 72 batters and walked only 18.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)