Jun 29, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
I’ll admit it: when I got the MLB press release announcing the umpires for the All-Star Game, I secretly hoped that some bad ones would be named so I could write some outraged prose. It’s really good for the soul. Quite cathartic.
Sadly, it appears that baseball has only chosen decent umpires. Or at least ones I have no memory of being in the news in recent years, which is pretty much the same thing as being a decent umpire. Your crew:
Home Plate/Crew Chief: Dale Scott
1B: Jerry Layne
2B: Hunter Wendelstedt
3B: Dan Iassogna
LF: Ed Hickox
RF: Chris Guccione
Here’s hoping you stay mostly anonymous, fellas.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)