Jun 29, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
I’ll admit it: when I got the MLB press release announcing the umpires for the All-Star Game, I secretly hoped that some bad ones would be named so I could write some outraged prose. It’s really good for the soul. Quite cathartic.
Sadly, it appears that baseball has only chosen decent umpires. Or at least ones I have no memory of being in the news in recent years, which is pretty much the same thing as being a decent umpire. Your crew:
Home Plate/Crew Chief: Dale Scott
1B: Jerry Layne
2B: Hunter Wendelstedt
3B: Dan Iassogna
LF: Ed Hickox
RF: Chris Guccione
Here’s hoping you stay mostly anonymous, fellas.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 31
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 40
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL