Jun 29, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
That was the very self-aware quote from Bill Baer of Crashburn Alley when he was called out on Twitter a few minutes ago for picking some serious nits in the otherworldly performance of Cliff lately.
Not that he’s at all wrong with anything in his post. It’s easy to go rah-rah-Cliffy right now, especially if you’re a Phillies fan like Bill. It takes a clear thinker to realize that, in all of these shutouts, there is something, well, if not exactly troubling, certainly curious about Cliff Lee‘s performance. I won’t tell you what it is. Bill put a lot of work into that post — and will likely take a bunch of crap for pointing out as big a first world problem as “my team’s supremely dominant ace isn’t completely perfect” — so he deserves your page views.
But hey, we all have problems. This caviar I’ve been eating all morning is so filling. And my servants just don’t know how to get the right shine on my marble floors.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 78
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)