Jun 29, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
That was the very self-aware quote from Bill Baer of Crashburn Alley when he was called out on Twitter a few minutes ago for picking some serious nits in the otherworldly performance of Cliff lately.
Not that he’s at all wrong with anything in his post. It’s easy to go rah-rah-Cliffy right now, especially if you’re a Phillies fan like Bill. It takes a clear thinker to realize that, in all of these shutouts, there is something, well, if not exactly troubling, certainly curious about Cliff Lee‘s performance. I won’t tell you what it is. Bill put a lot of work into that post — and will likely take a bunch of crap for pointing out as big a first world problem as “my team’s supremely dominant ace isn’t completely perfect” — so he deserves your page views.
But hey, we all have problems. This caviar I’ve been eating all morning is so filling. And my servants just don’t know how to get the right shine on my marble floors.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)