Jun 29, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
That was the very self-aware quote from Bill Baer of Crashburn Alley when he was called out on Twitter a few minutes ago for picking some serious nits in the otherworldly performance of Cliff lately.
Not that he’s at all wrong with anything in his post. It’s easy to go rah-rah-Cliffy right now, especially if you’re a Phillies fan like Bill. It takes a clear thinker to realize that, in all of these shutouts, there is something, well, if not exactly troubling, certainly curious about Cliff Lee‘s performance. I won’t tell you what it is. Bill put a lot of work into that post — and will likely take a bunch of crap for pointing out as big a first world problem as “my team’s supremely dominant ace isn’t completely perfect” — so he deserves your page views.
But hey, we all have problems. This caviar I’ve been eating all morning is so filling. And my servants just don’t know how to get the right shine on my marble floors.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (334)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)