Jun 29, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list Sunday with an oblique muscle injury, John Danks is hoping to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation immediately following the All-Star break after an MRI exam revealed only a mild strain.
Oblique injuries have a tendency to linger, but Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago notes that Danks has never been on the DL before and “the White Sox are confident Danks can return on time.”
However, because the rotation gets some extra time off during the All-Star break anyway the White Sox may not ask Danks to return until the second series of the second half, with Padilla reporting that he’ll likely make at least one minor-league rehab start first.
Danks got off to an 0-8 starts thanks to inconsistent pitching and poor run support, but went 3-0 with a 1.14 ERA in June.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)