Jun 29, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list Sunday with an oblique muscle injury, John Danks is hoping to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation immediately following the All-Star break after an MRI exam revealed only a mild strain.
Oblique injuries have a tendency to linger, but Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago notes that Danks has never been on the DL before and “the White Sox are confident Danks can return on time.”
However, because the rotation gets some extra time off during the All-Star break anyway the White Sox may not ask Danks to return until the second series of the second half, with Padilla reporting that he’ll likely make at least one minor-league rehab start first.
Danks got off to an 0-8 starts thanks to inconsistent pitching and poor run support, but went 3-0 with a 1.14 ERA in June.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12