Jun 29, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list Sunday with an oblique muscle injury, John Danks is hoping to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation immediately following the All-Star break after an MRI exam revealed only a mild strain.
Oblique injuries have a tendency to linger, but Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago notes that Danks has never been on the DL before and “the White Sox are confident Danks can return on time.”
However, because the rotation gets some extra time off during the All-Star break anyway the White Sox may not ask Danks to return until the second series of the second half, with Padilla reporting that he’ll likely make at least one minor-league rehab start first.
Danks got off to an 0-8 starts thanks to inconsistent pitching and poor run support, but went 3-0 with a 1.14 ERA in June.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72