Jun 29, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list Sunday with an oblique muscle injury, John Danks is hoping to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation immediately following the All-Star break after an MRI exam revealed only a mild strain.
Oblique injuries have a tendency to linger, but Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago notes that Danks has never been on the DL before and “the White Sox are confident Danks can return on time.”
However, because the rotation gets some extra time off during the All-Star break anyway the White Sox may not ask Danks to return until the second series of the second half, with Padilla reporting that he’ll likely make at least one minor-league rehab start first.
Danks got off to an 0-8 starts thanks to inconsistent pitching and poor run support, but went 3-0 with a 1.14 ERA in June.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)