Jun 29, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list Sunday with an oblique muscle injury, John Danks is hoping to rejoin the White Sox’s rotation immediately following the All-Star break after an MRI exam revealed only a mild strain.
Oblique injuries have a tendency to linger, but Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago notes that Danks has never been on the DL before and “the White Sox are confident Danks can return on time.”
However, because the rotation gets some extra time off during the All-Star break anyway the White Sox may not ask Danks to return until the second series of the second half, with Padilla reporting that he’ll likely make at least one minor-league rehab start first.
Danks got off to an 0-8 starts thanks to inconsistent pitching and poor run support, but went 3-0 with a 1.14 ERA in June.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)