Jun 29, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Ruh-roh. Josh Johnson will be examined by Dr. James Andrews today after experiencing more discomfort in his shoulder following a lackluster bullpen session on Friday. Team president Larry Beinfest said “it’s not great,” but everyone is still making “it’s precautionary” noises for now.
Shoulders are way scarier than elbows. Just thought I should throw that out there. And here’s hoping that Dr. Andrews just throws Johnson out of his office, laughing at the fact that they even bothered to schedule the exam over such nothings.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)