Jun 29, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Ruh-roh. Josh Johnson will be examined by Dr. James Andrews today after experiencing more discomfort in his shoulder following a lackluster bullpen session on Friday. Team president Larry Beinfest said “it’s not great,” but everyone is still making “it’s precautionary” noises for now.
Shoulders are way scarier than elbows. Just thought I should throw that out there. And here’s hoping that Dr. Andrews just throws Johnson out of his office, laughing at the fact that they even bothered to schedule the exam over such nothings.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)