Jun 29, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Ruh-roh. Josh Johnson will be examined by Dr. James Andrews today after experiencing more discomfort in his shoulder following a lackluster bullpen session on Friday. Team president Larry Beinfest said “it’s not great,” but everyone is still making “it’s precautionary” noises for now.
Shoulders are way scarier than elbows. Just thought I should throw that out there. And here’s hoping that Dr. Andrews just throws Johnson out of his office, laughing at the fact that they even bothered to schedule the exam over such nothings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 103
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 152
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (164)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (152)