Jun 29, 2011, 4:31 PM EST
This is something of a theoretical suspension seeing as though Luis Vizcaino hasn’t pitched in affiliated baseball since the middle of 2009. But they test free agents, and Vizcaino is still registered as a technically active pitcher with someone somewhere, so he got tested too. The drug: Stanozolol. No, I don’t know either, but it’s a PED.
Before the test he pitched in the Dominican Winter League last year and signed a minor league deal with the Yankees, but he never made camp after tearing his achilles tendon back in February.
I would assume that this is the last time we ever write about Vizcaino on HardballTalk. I could be wrong, though. I said that to Gleeman, and he said that it’s entirely possible that Vizzcaino could murder someone or become a financial adviser or something, so never say never.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 39
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)