Jun 29, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
This is something of a theoretical suspension seeing as though Luis Vizcaino hasn’t pitched in affiliated baseball since the middle of 2009. But they test free agents, and Vizcaino is still registered as a technically active pitcher with someone somewhere, so he got tested too. The drug: Stanozolol. No, I don’t know either, but it’s a PED.
Before the test he pitched in the Dominican Winter League last year and signed a minor league deal with the Yankees, but he never made camp after tearing his achilles tendon back in February.
I would assume that this is the last time we ever write about Vizcaino on HardballTalk. I could be wrong, though. I said that to Gleeman, and he said that it’s entirely possible that Vizzcaino could murder someone or become a financial adviser or something, so never say never.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)