Jun 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Great stuff over at Sports Illustrated today: interviews with the director and most of the cast of “Major League.” It’s long, but anyone who has seen and loved that movie will agree that it’s worth it.
If you simply don’t have the time, however, go to Big League Stew, where Rob Iracane lists what he feels to be the top ten revelations of the piece. My favorite: that Wesley “Willie Mays Hayes” Snipes is really slow in real life.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 4
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 49
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 39
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)