Jun 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Great stuff over at Sports Illustrated today: interviews with the director and most of the cast of “Major League.” It’s long, but anyone who has seen and loved that movie will agree that it’s worth it.
If you simply don’t have the time, however, go to Big League Stew, where Rob Iracane lists what he feels to be the top ten revelations of the piece. My favorite: that Wesley “Willie Mays Hayes” Snipes is really slow in real life.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)