Jun 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Great stuff over at Sports Illustrated today: interviews with the director and most of the cast of “Major League.” It’s long, but anyone who has seen and loved that movie will agree that it’s worth it.
If you simply don’t have the time, however, go to Big League Stew, where Rob Iracane lists what he feels to be the top ten revelations of the piece. My favorite: that Wesley “Willie Mays Hayes” Snipes is really slow in real life.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)