Jun 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Great stuff over at Sports Illustrated today: interviews with the director and most of the cast of “Major League.” It’s long, but anyone who has seen and loved that movie will agree that it’s worth it.
If you simply don’t have the time, however, go to Big League Stew, where Rob Iracane lists what he feels to be the top ten revelations of the piece. My favorite: that Wesley “Willie Mays Hayes” Snipes is really slow in real life.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)