Jun 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Great stuff over at Sports Illustrated today: interviews with the director and most of the cast of “Major League.” It’s long, but anyone who has seen and loved that movie will agree that it’s worth it.
If you simply don’t have the time, however, go to Big League Stew, where Rob Iracane lists what he feels to be the top ten revelations of the piece. My favorite: that Wesley “Willie Mays Hayes” Snipes is really slow in real life.
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22