Jun 29, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
Hardy was acquired this winter in a bargain trade with the Twins and has impressed the Orioles with both his offense and defense since returning from an early-season stay on the disabled list.
Through 50 games played, the 28-year-old Hardy is batting .303/.367/.548 with 11 home runs, 13 doubles and 30 RBI. He’s also playing his usual brand of top-flight defense at the shortstop position.
The O’s are hoping to get something done before the end of the regular season, and maybe even before the July 31 trade deadline. As of now, Hardy is slated to become a free agent this November.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 59
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)