Jun 29, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
Hardy was acquired this winter in a bargain trade with the Twins and has impressed the Orioles with both his offense and defense since returning from an early-season stay on the disabled list.
Through 50 games played, the 28-year-old Hardy is batting .303/.367/.548 with 11 home runs, 13 doubles and 30 RBI. He’s also playing his usual brand of top-flight defense at the shortstop position.
The O’s are hoping to get something done before the end of the regular season, and maybe even before the July 31 trade deadline. As of now, Hardy is slated to become a free agent this November.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)