Jun 29, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
Hardy was acquired this winter in a bargain trade with the Twins and has impressed the Orioles with both his offense and defense since returning from an early-season stay on the disabled list.
Through 50 games played, the 28-year-old Hardy is batting .303/.367/.548 with 11 home runs, 13 doubles and 30 RBI. He’s also playing his usual brand of top-flight defense at the shortstop position.
The O’s are hoping to get something done before the end of the regular season, and maybe even before the July 31 trade deadline. As of now, Hardy is slated to become a free agent this November.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)