Jun 29, 2011, 7:28 PM EDT
Hardy was acquired this winter in a bargain trade with the Twins and has impressed the Orioles with both his offense and defense since returning from an early-season stay on the disabled list.
Through 50 games played, the 28-year-old Hardy is batting .303/.367/.548 with 11 home runs, 13 doubles and 30 RBI. He’s also playing his usual brand of top-flight defense at the shortstop position.
The O’s are hoping to get something done before the end of the regular season, and maybe even before the July 31 trade deadline. As of now, Hardy is slated to become a free agent this November.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)