Jun 29, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
This is not terribly surprising inasmuch as the Dbacks are doing well in a winnable division and have some holes that could be filled. But it seems so rare these days for the non-usual suspects to say that, yeah, they’re willing to raise payroll.
But that’s what Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told Fox’s Jon Paul Morosi, saying “If we’re in it, we’ll do whatever it takes to support you.”
The bullpen is the biggest need, it seems, and Morosi suggests that Twins closer Matt Capps could be a potential fit. I assume because he has money on the Giants to win the NL West.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)