Jun 29, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
This is not terribly surprising inasmuch as the Dbacks are doing well in a winnable division and have some holes that could be filled. But it seems so rare these days for the non-usual suspects to say that, yeah, they’re willing to raise payroll.
But that’s what Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told Fox’s Jon Paul Morosi, saying “If we’re in it, we’ll do whatever it takes to support you.”
The bullpen is the biggest need, it seems, and Morosi suggests that Twins closer Matt Capps could be a potential fit. I assume because he has money on the Giants to win the NL West.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)