Jun 29, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
I didn’t realize this when I wrote the recaps this morning, but before yesterday’s game, the Mets had gone 299 straight games without a grand slam. And then they had two of them, one from Jason Bay and one from Carlos Beltran. Neat.
While the Mets are getting monkeys off their back, it would also be neat if Chris Capuano threw a no-hitter tonight, breaking that pesky little 49-year no-hitter drought they’ve had.
Are there any others? Mets fans are way better than anyone else at telling you where their team is deficient or when history is piling on the woe, so by all means, speak up.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)