Jun 29, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
I didn’t realize this when I wrote the recaps this morning, but before yesterday’s game, the Mets had gone 299 straight games without a grand slam. And then they had two of them, one from Jason Bay and one from Carlos Beltran. Neat.
While the Mets are getting monkeys off their back, it would also be neat if Chris Capuano threw a no-hitter tonight, breaking that pesky little 49-year no-hitter drought they’ve had.
Are there any others? Mets fans are way better than anyone else at telling you where their team is deficient or when history is piling on the woe, so by all means, speak up.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69