Jun 29, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
I didn’t realize this when I wrote the recaps this morning, but before yesterday’s game, the Mets had gone 299 straight games without a grand slam. And then they had two of them, one from Jason Bay and one from Carlos Beltran. Neat.
While the Mets are getting monkeys off their back, it would also be neat if Chris Capuano threw a no-hitter tonight, breaking that pesky little 49-year no-hitter drought they’ve had.
Are there any others? Mets fans are way better than anyone else at telling you where their team is deficient or when history is piling on the woe, so by all means, speak up.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)