Jun 29, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
I didn’t realize this when I wrote the recaps this morning, but before yesterday’s game, the Mets had gone 299 straight games without a grand slam. And then they had two of them, one from Jason Bay and one from Carlos Beltran. Neat.
While the Mets are getting monkeys off their back, it would also be neat if Chris Capuano threw a no-hitter tonight, breaking that pesky little 49-year no-hitter drought they’ve had.
Are there any others? Mets fans are way better than anyone else at telling you where their team is deficient or when history is piling on the woe, so by all means, speak up.
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 0
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)