Jun 29, 2011, 9:33 AM EST
I didn’t realize this when I wrote the recaps this morning, but before yesterday’s game, the Mets had gone 299 straight games without a grand slam. And then they had two of them, one from Jason Bay and one from Carlos Beltran. Neat.
While the Mets are getting monkeys off their back, it would also be neat if Chris Capuano threw a no-hitter tonight, breaking that pesky little 49-year no-hitter drought they’ve had.
Are there any others? Mets fans are way better than anyone else at telling you where their team is deficient or when history is piling on the woe, so by all means, speak up.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 59
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 156
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (158)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)