Jun 30, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Cole Hamels was cruising along quite nicely against the Red Sox this afternoon, having shut out Boston on two hits over four innings, but then he faced Adrian Gonzalez for the second time and Gonzalez hit a line drive off Hamels’ hand, which required him to leave the game.
The good news: it was his right hand, and Mr. Hamels happens to pitch with his left. The Phillies are calling it a contusion, and he’s getting some X-Rays. Updates as warranted, but no one seems to be all that concerned about it.
UPDATE: The Phillies just announced X-rays were negative and that Hamels is expected to make his next start Tuesday night.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)