Jun 30, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
Scott Kazmir, who was waived by the Angels on June 15, checked out healthy upon working out for the Rangers earlier this week. The team hasn’t yet decided whether it will make him an offer.
“We’ve talked with him, doing our due diligence,” GM Jon Daniels said. “Not sure if anything’s going to come of it, but we try to look at every opportunity to see if someone can help us.”
The Pirates are another team reportedly taking a look at Kazmir. The left-hander has been very quiet since his release, so it’s unclear whether he’d rather choose the path of least resistance and sign with a team that could get him back to the majors quickly or if he’d prefer to join a contender and work to impress enough in the minors to earn a rotation spot come August.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)