Jun 30, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
Scott Kazmir, who was waived by the Angels on June 15, checked out healthy upon working out for the Rangers earlier this week. The team hasn’t yet decided whether it will make him an offer.
“We’ve talked with him, doing our due diligence,” GM Jon Daniels said. “Not sure if anything’s going to come of it, but we try to look at every opportunity to see if someone can help us.”
The Pirates are another team reportedly taking a look at Kazmir. The left-hander has been very quiet since his release, so it’s unclear whether he’d rather choose the path of least resistance and sign with a team that could get him back to the majors quickly or if he’d prefer to join a contender and work to impress enough in the minors to earn a rotation spot come August.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins