Jun 30, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
As mentioned in the recaps, the Mets have been on an absolute offensive tear lately, scoring 16, 14, 8 and 14 runs in their last four games, respectively. Last night’s outburst was accompanied by 20 hits, and after Tigers’ middle reliever David Purcey was smacked around for four runs, Jim Leyland waved the white flag and put outfielder Don Kelly to pitch.
And he didn’t do half bad. He threw four pitches to Scott Hairston — ball, ball, a strike looking and a foul ball — before inducing a fly out to center field. His fastball was clocked at 86 MPH.
And hey: he’s the only Tigers pitcher wh who hasn’t given up a hit to Mets batters this series.
Viva la Don.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million