Jun 30, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
In all of our excitement over Bud Selig’s gung-ho attitude with respect to Frank McCourt — go get him, Bud!!! — let us not forget that Selig and Major League Baseball continue to sit passively as the Athletics die on the vine:
Last month, San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed sent a letter to Bud Selig. The letter was friendly. Reed simply asked the commissioner of baseball for a general timetable of when he might finally decide whether the A’s and owner Lew Wolff can pursue a new ballpark in the South Bay.
“We have to contemplate the timing of a future election,” Reed explained to Selig.
The letter was dated May 10. Reed still has received no answer.
The way in which baseball has let the A’s and their fans dangle like this is unconscionable.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)