Kevin Youkilis to have an X-ray and a day off

Jun 30, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT

Youkilis_Kevin

I write the term “MRI” so much that writing “X-ray” feels like writing “ice box” or “dirigible” or something.  They still do X-rays, though I guess.

Kevin Youkilis is getting one anyway. On his left foot, off of which he fouled a ball during last night’s game.  Youk — the kids in Boston call him that, I’m told — will sit out today’s game with Drew Sutton taking his place.

UPDATE: X-Rays are negative. Which is a positive.
  1. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 30, 2011 at 1:08 PM

This guy is DTD all season long. He’s like Sheen in that he has one speed: GO!

• aceshigh11 - Jun 30, 2011 at 2:09 PM

DTD?

He plays hard all the time…nothing wrong with that. I understand why other people hate him, but you’d be crazy not to want a gamer like that on your team.

• hittfamily - Jun 30, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I dont want this chicken sh– on my team. He is a cheapshot artist. Routine grounder, last play of th game, what does this puke do??? He steps on Casey Kotchman’s achilles. I have watched this game for a long time, and no one in the history of baseball has ever accidentally missed first six inches to the left.

Rick Porcellos rookie season, he hits Puke. Puke charges the mound, helmet in hand, and starts swinging his helmet like hes some thug in a street fight. What a bum.

You sox fans can keep this thug loser skinhead. I understand why sox fans can root for him. But remember, those sox fans rooted for a team that finished dead last int the division for 15 years because they wanted to be the last to allow black players.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 30, 2011 at 5:03 PM

aceshigh11, you’ve misunderstood me, but that’s my fault. DTD, day-to-day, which is literally always next to his name on my fantasy roster. I love me some Youk b/c he is such a hard-nosed ballplayer that is underrated in my mind. My comment was only that he is always banged up b/c of his rough and tumble style. That said, he keeps off the DL usually so he’s clearly as badass as they come.

• bigharold - Jun 30, 2011 at 6:32 PM

“He is a cheapshot artist.”

No he’s not, that’s nuts.

I’m a Yankee fan to the bone and I would mind having him on my team. He plays hard all the time and comes up big in big moments. He’s not the most polished player out there but he gets the job done.

“”I know he didn’t mean to do it,” Kotchman said. “I know he didn’t do it on purpose.”

That’s what Kotchman said about the incident.

While I didn’t see the Kotchman play it would seem that it would have to have been an accident. What would be the point of stepping on a 1B, not to mention that he played 1B for years. I can’t see him deliberately doing that. If he has one weakness or weakness/fault it’s that he’s never seen an inside pitch he didn’t take offense to, … ask Porcello or Chamberlain. Otherwise, he a good ball player and from what I’ve read about him a good teammate too.

• hittfamily - Jun 30, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Kotchmann has been shuffled from one team to the next. He doesnt want his name in the news for going head to head with the Red Sox. David Price isnt afraid of Puke though. The next day, he drilled Puke, first pitch, and dared that sissy to do something.

He definately stepped on him on purpose. Kotchmann had his back turned. Just watch the video.

2. frankvzappa - Jun 30, 2011 at 2:30 PM

That’s okay. We got Varitek batting 5th now. Nothing wrong with that. Oh wait. Crap.

• frankvzappa - Jun 30, 2011 at 3:28 PM

And of course he homers.

• frankvzappa - Jun 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Twice. Boy do I feel like an ass. Good thing nobody is reading this.

• aceshigh11 - Jun 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I am…but of course I’m a Red Sox fan, so it’s allll good.

3. dirtyharry1971 - Jun 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM

All the redsuks should do here is have ortiz give Yuck one of those milkshakes that he’s known for and he should be as good as new

• frankvzappa - Jun 30, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Lame.

• aceshigh11 - Jun 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM

You are one hateful, bitter little man.

You root for the most successful franchise in the history of pro-sports, and yet you’re only happy when you’re demeaning others. Must be a sad life you lead.

• dirtyharry1971 - Jun 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM

how the heck do you know when i happy or not? Thru this board? You should take a long look in the mirror and go outside and get away from the computer for a change

4. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 30, 2011 at 5:05 PM

That’s it all Phillies fans and Red Sox fans are no longer allowed to communicate directly. I, the unbiased Braves fan, shall be the go-between for all future dialog.

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3759)