Jun 30, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
I write the term “MRI” so much that writing “X-ray” feels like writing “ice box” or “dirigible” or something. They still do X-rays, though I guess.
Kevin Youkilis is getting one anyway. On his left foot, off of which he fouled a ball during last night’s game. Youk — the kids in Boston call him that, I’m told — will sit out today’s game with Drew Sutton taking his place.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59