Jun 30, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Mark Teixeira‘s major league-leading 25th homer of 2011 Thursday against the Brewers was also his 300th career homer, as he moved into a tie for 129th place on the all-time list.
The Yankees ended up beating Milwaukee 5-0, with CC Sabathia matching his career high with 13 strikeouts in 7 2/3 scoreless innings. He became the first pitcher to reach 11 wins this season, though Justin Verlander matched him less than an hour later.
Teixeira broke a tie with Jose Bautista atop the home run standings with his 25th bomb. He’s hit four in his last five games.
With Teixeira’s inclusion, the 300-homer club is now 130 members strong. Five more players have a chance to join the list this year: Aramis Ramirez (298), Adrian Beltre (292), Pat Burrell (292), Carlos Beltran (291) and Magglio Ordonez (291).
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)