Jun 30, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Count Nolan Ryan among those in favor of MLB’s rumored realignment to matching 15-team leagues, as the Rangers team president said yesterday that he’d love to see the Astros join the Rangers in the American League West.
Ryan noted that having another Central Time Zone team in the division would be nice from a travel and television ratings point of view and opined that “having the Astros and the Rangers in the same pennant race would really stimulate interest in baseball in the state of Texas.”
Most speculation about potential realignment plans lists the Astros among the leading candidates to switch leagues and it makes sense to have a franchise from the six-team NL Central move to the four-team AL West if the shakeup does happen.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59