Jun 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
This is actually the quote of yesterday, but here’s Jayson Werth, talking about his contributions to the Nationals. Some of which he believes to be over and above the .223/.326/.390 line he has put up thus far:
I’d like to think that, me just being here, you know, is enough. I don’t even have to take a bat out there.
I used to feel that way about me at the law firm. And then when it came time for the partnership vote I learned that — surprise surprise — performance mattered a bit more than I would have liked.
A shame, really.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 109
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 153
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (170)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)