Jun 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
This is actually the quote of yesterday, but here’s Jayson Werth, talking about his contributions to the Nationals. Some of which he believes to be over and above the .223/.326/.390 line he has put up thus far:
I’d like to think that, me just being here, you know, is enough. I don’t even have to take a bat out there.
I used to feel that way about me at the law firm. And then when it came time for the partnership vote I learned that — surprise surprise — performance mattered a bit more than I would have liked.
A shame, really.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)