Jun 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
This is actually the quote of yesterday, but here’s Jayson Werth, talking about his contributions to the Nationals. Some of which he believes to be over and above the .223/.326/.390 line he has put up thus far:
I’d like to think that, me just being here, you know, is enough. I don’t even have to take a bat out there.
I used to feel that way about me at the law firm. And then when it came time for the partnership vote I learned that — surprise surprise — performance mattered a bit more than I would have liked.
A shame, really.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)