Jun 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
This is actually the quote of yesterday, but here’s Jayson Werth, talking about his contributions to the Nationals. Some of which he believes to be over and above the .223/.326/.390 line he has put up thus far:
I’d like to think that, me just being here, you know, is enough. I don’t even have to take a bat out there.
I used to feel that way about me at the law firm. And then when it came time for the partnership vote I learned that — surprise surprise — performance mattered a bit more than I would have liked.
A shame, really.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 37
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 95
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (95)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)