Jun 30, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
It’s been a rough season for Cameron. He’s hitting .149/.212/.266 in 105 plate appearances. This after an injury-shortened and disappointing 2010 season in Boston as well. He has played in only 33 games this year and has lost playing time to Darnell McDonald and Josh Reddick lately.
Cameron is in the second year of a two-year $15.5 million deal. If he ends up getting released following the DFA period — which seems likely, because who wants to pay Cameron millions? — he can be had for the veteran minimum. Assuming he’s healthy, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him picked up given his versatility and the fact that, in 17 major league seasons, I don’t think anything has had anything but good stuff to say about his attitude and character and all of that. He could be a useful fourth outfielder.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 31
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)