Jul 1, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
And now for the least surprising news you’ll hear all day.
Webb, who hasn’t pitched in the big leagues since Opening Day of the 2009 season, was scheduled to make his first start with Triple-A Round Rock. He was being moved up for Friday’s outing, despite posting an ugly 9.75 ERA and 8/6 K/BB ratio over four starts with Double-A Frisco. He allowed four runs over five innings in his last start last Friday.
The Rangers signed Webb to a one-year contract with $3 million in guaranteed salary, but it’s increasingly likely that he won’t throw a pitch for the big-league club.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 125
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 216
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (219)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)