Jul 1, 2011, 11:41 AM EDT
In the great HardballTalk tradition of “do you put your ketchup in the refrigerator?” comes another random question that has absolutely nothing to do with baseball …
Earlier this week I got a haircut and shortly after sitting down the woman asked me what I did for a living. Without hesitation I replied “accountant” and that pretty much shut down the rest of the conversation, because really how many possible follow-up questions are there for someone who’s an accountant?
At the time it seemed like an amusing thing to do, but then I started thinking that maybe it means I’m insane. So my question is …
Does anyone else ever make up stories while getting a haircut?
(I’d ask Calcaterra, but … well, you know.)
My first haircut lying experience so successfully reached my goal of limiting small talk and encouraging silence that I’m already planning my next story. Pretty soon I’ll be wearing certain clothing to haircuts in order to corroborate my lies. And if that seems like a needlessly complicated and cruel way to interact with a stranger then you’ve never seen someone’s confused reaction when you reply “baseball blogger.”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 28
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 102
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32