Jul 1, 2011, 11:41 AM EDT
In the great HardballTalk tradition of “do you put your ketchup in the refrigerator?” comes another random question that has absolutely nothing to do with baseball …
Earlier this week I got a haircut and shortly after sitting down the woman asked me what I did for a living. Without hesitation I replied “accountant” and that pretty much shut down the rest of the conversation, because really how many possible follow-up questions are there for someone who’s an accountant?
At the time it seemed like an amusing thing to do, but then I started thinking that maybe it means I’m insane. So my question is …
Does anyone else ever make up stories while getting a haircut?
(I’d ask Calcaterra, but … well, you know.)
My first haircut lying experience so successfully reached my goal of limiting small talk and encouraging silence that I’m already planning my next story. Pretty soon I’ll be wearing certain clothing to haircuts in order to corroborate my lies. And if that seems like a needlessly complicated and cruel way to interact with a stranger then you’ve never seen someone’s confused reaction when you reply “baseball blogger.”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 10
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires