Jul 1, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Cole Hamels exited yesterday’s game in the fifth inning after taking an Adrian Gonzalez line drive off his non-pitching hand and Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that he “had his visibly swollen and bruised right hand bandaged this morning.”
However, the X-rays came back negative and Hamels said he’s hoping not to miss a turn in the rotation. His next scheduled start is Tuesday against the Marlins, but his status will be determined by how his bullpen session goes tomorrow.
Mystery solved on Hamels’ chin bandage. He had an infected zit. Along with handwrap, he looks like Million Dollar Baby.
Just to be safe, let’s keep him away from stools for a while, huh?
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)