Jul 1, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Cole Hamels exited yesterday’s game in the fifth inning after taking an Adrian Gonzalez line drive off his non-pitching hand and Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that he “had his visibly swollen and bruised right hand bandaged this morning.”
However, the X-rays came back negative and Hamels said he’s hoping not to miss a turn in the rotation. His next scheduled start is Tuesday against the Marlins, but his status will be determined by how his bullpen session goes tomorrow.
Mystery solved on Hamels’ chin bandage. He had an infected zit. Along with handwrap, he looks like Million Dollar Baby.
Just to be safe, let’s keep him away from stools for a while, huh?
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 35
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 4
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)