Jul 1, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
Cole Hamels exited yesterday’s game in the fifth inning after taking an Adrian Gonzalez line drive off his non-pitching hand and Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that he “had his visibly swollen and bruised right hand bandaged this morning.”
However, the X-rays came back negative and Hamels said he’s hoping not to miss a turn in the rotation. His next scheduled start is Tuesday against the Marlins, but his status will be determined by how his bullpen session goes tomorrow.
Mystery solved on Hamels’ chin bandage. He had an infected zit. Along with handwrap, he looks like Million Dollar Baby.
Just to be safe, let’s keep him away from stools for a while, huh?
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)