Jul 1, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Everyone knows that the Mets will be paying Bobby Bonilla deferred money until sometime in the middle of this century. But what most people don’t know is that those deferred payments actually begin today!
I was reminded of that by Ducky Medwick (not that Ducky Medwick) of the Deadballers website, who recalls the contract provision that everyone who wants to hate on the Mets reaches for even though there are way worse contracts given out by teams all the time, even if they’re not as unorthodox.
Anyway, if I’m Bobby Bo, I go to a bar in New York tonight and yell “drinks on the Mets!” and make about 100 new friends.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)