Jul 1, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Everyone knows that the Mets will be paying Bobby Bonilla deferred money until sometime in the middle of this century. But what most people don’t know is that those deferred payments actually begin today!
I was reminded of that by Ducky Medwick (not that Ducky Medwick) of the Deadballers website, who recalls the contract provision that everyone who wants to hate on the Mets reaches for even though there are way worse contracts given out by teams all the time, even if they’re not as unorthodox.
Anyway, if I’m Bobby Bo, I go to a bar in New York tonight and yell “drinks on the Mets!” and make about 100 new friends.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 228
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (228)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)