Jul 1, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Everyone knows that the Mets will be paying Bobby Bonilla deferred money until sometime in the middle of this century. But what most people don’t know is that those deferred payments actually begin today!
I was reminded of that by Ducky Medwick (not that Ducky Medwick) of the Deadballers website, who recalls the contract provision that everyone who wants to hate on the Mets reaches for even though there are way worse contracts given out by teams all the time, even if they’re not as unorthodox.
Anyway, if I’m Bobby Bo, I go to a bar in New York tonight and yell “drinks on the Mets!” and make about 100 new friends.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 54
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 47
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 73
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (88)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery