Jul 1, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Mike Piazza will take the helm for the U.S. club and Luis Gonzalez will manage the World team in the 13th annual Futures Game to be played Sunday, July 10.
As usual, MLB has gone with ambassadors, rather than minor league managers, to serve as the managers for the Futures Game. The staffs for each team will be made up of minor league personnel, including former players Brett Butler, Sal Fasano, Steve Buchele and Brian Harper.
The Futures Game rosters were announced last week and can be found here. MLB did announce one change Friday, saying former No. 1 overall draft pick Tim Beckham (Rays) would take the spot of Chase d’Arnaud on the U.S. team. D’Arnaud was called up by the Pirates last week.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 23
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)