Jul 1, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Well, you can say it. You just can’t name your New York-centric sports bar that apparently:
A New Brunswick businessman has filed suit in federal court, charging New Brunswick Mayor James Cahill is holding up approval of his liquor license for a new high end sports bar because he doesn’t like the bar’s proposed name — Buck Foston’s.
I have no problem with the bar’s name, but if that’s what passes for “high end” in New Jersey, I’d hate to hear the names of the more blue collar drinking establishments.
For what it’s worth, the Mayor says the name has nothin’ to do with it. Rather, it’s all about a tax problem. Which is probably more common in the New Jersey bar business than random strange non-obscenity obscenity is.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)