Jul 2, 2011, 9:58 PM EDT
It might be time to write off Brandon Webb for the rest of the 2011 season. And probably much longer:
Asked if he thought he would pitch for the Rangers this season, Webb said, “Who knows? I have no idea.”
That quote comes courtesy of Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, who chatted with the frustrated former National League Cy Young Award winner on Saturday evening.
Webb is scheduled to pay a visit to Dr. Keith Meister this weekend to have his troublesome right shoulder examined. He has already been scratched from his next rehab start and won’t be stepping back atop a minor league mound anytime soon.
The Rangers signed Webb to a one-year, $3 million contract in the offseason. They’ve tried everything to get him corrected and get him healthy, but so far nothing has worked. And that seems unlikely to change.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)