Jul 2, 2011, 9:58 PM EDT
It might be time to write off Brandon Webb for the rest of the 2011 season. And probably much longer:
Asked if he thought he would pitch for the Rangers this season, Webb said, “Who knows? I have no idea.”
That quote comes courtesy of Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, who chatted with the frustrated former National League Cy Young Award winner on Saturday evening.
Webb is scheduled to pay a visit to Dr. Keith Meister this weekend to have his troublesome right shoulder examined. He has already been scratched from his next rehab start and won’t be stepping back atop a minor league mound anytime soon.
The Rangers signed Webb to a one-year, $3 million contract in the offseason. They’ve tried everything to get him corrected and get him healthy, but so far nothing has worked. And that seems unlikely to change.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)