Jul 2, 2011, 9:58 PM EST
It might be time to write off Brandon Webb for the rest of the 2011 season. And probably much longer:
Asked if he thought he would pitch for the Rangers this season, Webb said, “Who knows? I have no idea.”
That quote comes courtesy of Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, who chatted with the frustrated former National League Cy Young Award winner on Saturday evening.
Webb is scheduled to pay a visit to Dr. Keith Meister this weekend to have his troublesome right shoulder examined. He has already been scratched from his next rehab start and won’t be stepping back atop a minor league mound anytime soon.
The Rangers signed Webb to a one-year, $3 million contract in the offseason. They’ve tried everything to get him corrected and get him healthy, but so far nothing has worked. And that seems unlikely to change.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)