Jul 2, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all.
After blowing his second save in as many days last night against the Tigers, Brian Wilson took his frustrations to a water cooler in the dugout. The bearded closer was pulled with one out and the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth. Jeremy Affeldt was able to get Brennan Boesch to line into a double play to end the game and give the Giants a wild 4-3 victory.
When asked if he would have a difficult time watching his blowup replayed on television, Wilson told the San Francisco Chronicle: “Why should it be difficult? I squared it up.”
While last night’s incident certainly jibes with Wilson’s quirky and intense persona, I wonder what we would be saying if he hurt his pitching hand in the process.
Here’s the video footage, courtesy of MLB.com.
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 5
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 53
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 75
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (178)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)