Jul 2, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all.
After blowing his second save in as many days last night against the Tigers, Brian Wilson took his frustrations to a water cooler in the dugout. The bearded closer was pulled with one out and the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth. Jeremy Affeldt was able to get Brennan Boesch to line into a double play to end the game and give the Giants a wild 4-3 victory.
When asked if he would have a difficult time watching his blowup replayed on television, Wilson told the San Francisco Chronicle: “Why should it be difficult? I squared it up.”
While last night’s incident certainly jibes with Wilson’s quirky and intense persona, I wonder what we would be saying if he hurt his pitching hand in the process.
Here’s the video footage, courtesy of MLB.com.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)