Jul 2, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all.
After blowing his second save in as many days last night against the Tigers, Brian Wilson took his frustrations to a water cooler in the dugout. The bearded closer was pulled with one out and the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth. Jeremy Affeldt was able to get Brennan Boesch to line into a double play to end the game and give the Giants a wild 4-3 victory.
When asked if he would have a difficult time watching his blowup replayed on television, Wilson told the San Francisco Chronicle: “Why should it be difficult? I squared it up.”
While last night’s incident certainly jibes with Wilson’s quirky and intense persona, I wonder what we would be saying if he hurt his pitching hand in the process.
Here’s the video footage, courtesy of MLB.com.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)