Jul 2, 2011, 7:51 PM EST
Ackley suffered the minor bruising earlier this week and is being called “day-to-day” by the Seattle training staff. It’s not yet known if he will be ready for Sunday’s series finale against the Padres.
The 23-year-old has hit .300/.378/.575 with two homers, two triples and six RBI since arriving in the major leagues late last month. He has also scored seven runs and tallied one stolen base.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)