Jul 2, 2011, 8:39 PM EDT
Angels setup man Fernando Rodney isn’t getting any closer to returning to the major leagues.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, the rehabbing reliever has been shut down indefinitely due to ongoing discomfort in his back.
Rodney was placed on the 15-day disabled list in early June with an upper-back strain. He was cleared last week to begin a throwing program but had to skip his latest workout after feeling renewed pain and there’s no timetable for him to return to the mound.
Rodney had a 4.09 ERA, 18/15 K/BB ratio and 1.41 WHIP in 22 innings before landing on the disabled list. He’ll be sidelined now until at least late July.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)