Jul 2, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
The Brewers roared back from a 7-0 deficit Saturday to beat the Twins 8-7, but not everyone is smiling this evening in the Milwaukee clubhouse.
Braun extended his hitting streak to 22 games with a double in the fourth inning, but may now be forced to rest up for a couple of contests. The Brewers will reevaluate the situation on Sunday morning.
Braun is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 home runs, 19 stolen bases and 62 RBI through 83 games this season for the Brewers, who again share first place in the National League Central with the Cardinals.
UPDATE, 11:47 PM: Braun definitely isn’t playing Sunday, according to McCalvy, and is likely going to be sidelined for a couple of games straight. He’ll visit with team doctors tomorrow morning.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 16
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 20
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)