Jul 2, 2011, 10:46 PM EDT
The Brewers roared back from a 7-0 deficit Saturday to beat the Twins 8-7, but not everyone is smiling this evening in the Milwaukee clubhouse.
Braun extended his hitting streak to 22 games with a double in the fourth inning, but may now be forced to rest up for a couple of contests. The Brewers will reevaluate the situation on Sunday morning.
Braun is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 home runs, 19 stolen bases and 62 RBI through 83 games this season for the Brewers, who again share first place in the National League Central with the Cardinals.
UPDATE, 11:47 PM: Braun definitely isn’t playing Sunday, according to McCalvy, and is likely going to be sidelined for a couple of games straight. He’ll visit with team doctors tomorrow morning.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 31
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 8
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)