Jul 2, 2011, 10:46 PM EDT
The Brewers roared back from a 7-0 deficit Saturday to beat the Twins 8-7, but not everyone is smiling this evening in the Milwaukee clubhouse.
Braun extended his hitting streak to 22 games with a double in the fourth inning, but may now be forced to rest up for a couple of contests. The Brewers will reevaluate the situation on Sunday morning.
Braun is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 home runs, 19 stolen bases and 62 RBI through 83 games this season for the Brewers, who again share first place in the National League Central with the Cardinals.
UPDATE, 11:47 PM: Braun definitely isn’t playing Sunday, according to McCalvy, and is likely going to be sidelined for a couple of games straight. He’ll visit with team doctors tomorrow morning.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)