Jul 2, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
The Brewers roared back from a 7-0 deficit Saturday to beat the Twins 8-7, but not everyone is smiling this evening in the Milwaukee clubhouse.
Braun extended his hitting streak to 22 games with a double in the fourth inning, but may now be forced to rest up for a couple of contests. The Brewers will reevaluate the situation on Sunday morning.
Braun is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 home runs, 19 stolen bases and 62 RBI through 83 games this season for the Brewers, who again share first place in the National League Central with the Cardinals.
UPDATE, 11:47 PM: Braun definitely isn’t playing Sunday, according to McCalvy, and is likely going to be sidelined for a couple of games straight. He’ll visit with team doctors tomorrow morning.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 39
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)