Jul 2, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
The Brewers roared back from a 7-0 deficit Saturday to beat the Twins 8-7, but not everyone is smiling this evening in the Milwaukee clubhouse.
Braun extended his hitting streak to 22 games with a double in the fourth inning, but may now be forced to rest up for a couple of contests. The Brewers will reevaluate the situation on Sunday morning.
Braun is batting .320/.402/.559 with 16 home runs, 19 stolen bases and 62 RBI through 83 games this season for the Brewers, who again share first place in the National League Central with the Cardinals.
UPDATE, 11:47 PM: Braun definitely isn’t playing Sunday, according to McCalvy, and is likely going to be sidelined for a couple of games straight. He’ll visit with team doctors tomorrow morning.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)