Jul 4, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Jeter actually tested his calf in his first at-bat in the top of the first inning, tapping a ground ball which was misplayed by third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall for an error. He also flew out to right-center field in the third, grounded out in the sixth and lined out in the eighth. The hitless night dropped his batting average to .256 for the season.
Jeter remains six hits away from 3,000 for his career. Assuming no issues with the calf, he’ll continue the chase Tuesday night against Indians’ right-hander Carlos Carrasco.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (202)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)