Jul 4, 2011, 9:51 PM EST
Jeter actually tested his calf in his first at-bat in the top of the first inning, tapping a ground ball which was misplayed by third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall for an error. He also flew out to right-center field in the third, grounded out in the sixth and lined out in the eighth. The hitless night dropped his batting average to .256 for the season.
Jeter remains six hits away from 3,000 for his career. Assuming no issues with the calf, he’ll continue the chase Tuesday night against Indians’ right-hander Carlos Carrasco.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 23
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 96
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)