Jul 4, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Jeter actually tested his calf in his first at-bat in the top of the first inning, tapping a ground ball which was misplayed by third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall for an error. He also flew out to right-center field in the third, grounded out in the sixth and lined out in the eighth. The hitless night dropped his batting average to .256 for the season.
Jeter remains six hits away from 3,000 for his career. Assuming no issues with the calf, he’ll continue the chase Tuesday night against Indians’ right-hander Carlos Carrasco.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)