Jul 4, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Jeter actually tested his calf in his first at-bat in the top of the first inning, tapping a ground ball which was misplayed by third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall for an error. He also flew out to right-center field in the third, grounded out in the sixth and lined out in the eighth. The hitless night dropped his batting average to .256 for the season.
Jeter remains six hits away from 3,000 for his career. Assuming no issues with the calf, he’ll continue the chase Tuesday night against Indians’ right-hander Carlos Carrasco.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)