Jul 4, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Jeter actually tested his calf in his first at-bat in the top of the first inning, tapping a ground ball which was misplayed by third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall for an error. He also flew out to right-center field in the third, grounded out in the sixth and lined out in the eighth. The hitless night dropped his batting average to .256 for the season.
Jeter remains six hits away from 3,000 for his career. Assuming no issues with the calf, he’ll continue the chase Tuesday night against Indians’ right-hander Carlos Carrasco.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)